Congratulations to Emily Willocks who won this months #inseason #cookoff with her silverbeet dolmates.
Emily noted that she usually uses roo instead of lamb and often likes to use red rice. Thanks for a great recipe Emily!
50g minced lamb
1 cup rice (uncooked)
1 small onion
1 medium tomato
6-7 mint leaves
4 tbs oil
- Place meat, rice, chopped onion, tomato, parsley and mint in a bowl.
- Add 2 tbs oil and half of the lemon juice and mix.
- Stuff each leaf on rough side, fold into neat packages and arrange on pie dish.
- Add 160ml water, the rest of the lemon juice and 2 tbs oil.
- Cover with a plate and press lightly.
- Bring to the boil on high for 8 mins and then turn down to low for 20 mins or until rice is cooked (plus 10 mins may be required).